Coconut Lemon Loaf
This loaf is light, fluffy, zesty and an absolute crowd pleaser. Everyone will love this loaf. By Ruby Alexander of @earthingrubyy.
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons zested
- Juice from one lemon
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter
- ½ cup liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave or rice malt syrup)
- 1 cup of flour (plain, wholemeal or ground almonds to make GF)
- 25g (1 serve) of Two Islands Vanilla Pea Protein Powder
- 2-3 large ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups of fine coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C fan-bake.
- Mash the bananas into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil into a large bowl and add in the liquid sweetener of choice, mix together then add the eggs, mashed bananas, salt, baking powder/soda, coconut, flour, lemon zest and juice and protein powder. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek or coconut yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup – delicious!