Vegan Chocolate Orange Tart
This gluten and dairy-free, decadent tart has a nutty almond base, silky chocolate orange filling, and is guaranteed to delight!
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup firmly packed chopped dates
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 and ¼ cup melted coconut oil (¼ for the base and 1 cup for the filling)
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews (soaked)
- 1/4 cup Two Islands Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
Candied orange slices (optional)
- For the base, blend the almonds, dates, cacao powder and melted coconut oil together in a food processor until well combined. Then press into a round 26cm tin.
- For the filling, blend the orange juice, maple syrup, cocoa powder, soaked cashews, chocolate protein powder, pinch of salt and 1 cup of melted coconut oil together in a food processor until nice and smooth.
- Pour filling mixture over the base and freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 1 hour before serving.
- Decorate with garnish of your choice. We used orange zest, sea salt flakes and candied orange slices.