Berry Nice Protein Oats
This is an easy, reliable go-to breakfast, it's super quick to make and delicious. Oats and protein powder are a great combination for breakfast as it keeps you fuller for longer and doesn’t spike your blood sugar like some cereal on the market.
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk of choice or boiling water (add more/less depending on your preference of consistency)
- 1 serve (25g) Two Islands Vanilla Pea Protein Powder
- 1 serve (10g) Two Islands Marine Collagen Beauty Powder in Unflavoured or Vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice (we use peanut or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or choice of sweeter
- ½ cup berries of choice (if frozen heat prior – 45 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave should do the trick!)
- ½ banana diced
- Optional: 1 tbsp nuts chopped, chia seeds or coconut flakes
- In a bowl add the oats, collagen, and protein powder. Pour in the liquid and heat in the microwave for 1 minute or on high heat on the stove top till thickens it is hot.
- In a bowl add berries and banana on top. Note: if you want your bananas caramelised heat on a pan or in microwave with a pinch of coconut sugar.
- Drizzle but butter overtop or on the side and sprinkle cinnamon and maple as desired. Add a drizzle of more milk if you wish.