4 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
1 serve (10 grams) Two Islands vanilla collagen beauty powder
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter - room temp
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
2. In a separate glass bowl add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Whisk gently.
3. Reduce your saucepan to a simmer and place your glass bowl over the top.
4. Whisk constantly until the curd thickens, resembling the texture of a hollandaise sauce. It will take about ten minutes.
5. Just before you turn the heat off, add one serve of vanilla collagen powder and whisk for a further minute.
6. Turn off the heat, remove your glass bowl and add the butter (cut into pieces) to the curd.
7. Stir with a spoon until melted.
8. Pour the curd into a jar or bowl, and place a piece of bees wax wrap, or plastic wrap directly on top so its touching the top of the curd. This prevents a skin from forming on top.
9. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools. Once cool, the wrap can be removed.
The curd will keep in the fridge for up to ten days. For longer storage, you can freeze the curd for up to 3-6 months. When using from the freezer, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.