3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
50 grams butter (melted)
¾ packet of wine biscuits
¼ cup coconut thread
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
2 servings (50 grams) Two Islands vanilla coconut protein powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
50 grams butter (softened)
2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons rice malt syrup
2 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons coconut milk
½ cup shelled and toasted pistachios
- Blitz all base ingredients in a blender.
- Turn out base mixture into a lined slice tin and press down firmly. Refrigerate for 45 minutes. (Note: if your base feels to dry, add additional coconut oil, or alternatively if its too wet add a few extra wine biscuits).
- Use an electric beater to combine softened butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, rice malt syrup, ginger and coconut milk. Beat until smooth, light and creamy.
- Remove chilled base and top with icing.
- Sprinkle pistachios on top of icing and gently press them in with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate until the icing is solid.
- Serve by cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
- Freezes well.