1 cup oats
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raw peanuts
2 apricots diced
1/4 cup cranberries
1 serving (25 grams) Two Islands peanut butter protein
3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
1. Line a small slice tin with baking paper.
2. Toast oats and nuts until golden.
3. Remove oats and nuts from oven, stir through diced apricot and cranberries and leave on the tray to cool.
4. In a saucepan melt the coconut oil and then add the peanut butter, honey and vanilla paste.
5. Whisk all ingredients together and bring to the boil.
6. Add pea protein and whisk continuously for 3 minutes.
7. The mixture needs to be the texture of a hot toffee sauce. It needs to be pourable but not too runny. I add a little boiling water it’s not quite the consistency I need.
8. Place the oats, nuts and dried fruit into a large bowl.
9. Remove the boiling peanut butter mixture from the heat and pour it directly over the oat mix.
10. Stir well until fully combined. Work quickly as you need to press the mixture out while it’s still hot.
11. Turn out the mixture into the lined slice tin and press it out using the back of a spoon.
12. Let the mixture cool and then place it in the fridge for an hour before slicing.
13. Remove from the fridge and slice into squares.
14. Keeps in the fridge well and I prefer the almost toffee like texture of eating it from the fridge, but you can keep it in the pantry if you prefer a softer bar.