Decadent, delicious and a wholesome take on your classic afghan biscuit made with a healthy spin. By Ruby Alexander of @earthlingrubyy.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 100 g dairy free dark chocolate
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk tinned, full fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ rounded cup cacao powder
- 2 cups cornflakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 serve (25g) Two Islands Pea Protein in Chocolate
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 120g raw melted chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch coarse sea salt
- 12 walnut halves to top
- Pre-heat oven at 170˚C.
- In a bowl, sift and combine buckwheat flour, almond meal, cacao powder, cornflakes, salt and baking soda.
- Combine melted coconut oil and dark chocolate into a glass then stir the coconut sugar, coconut milk and vanilla, then pour over the dry mixture and use a spatula to combine.
- Shape the mixture into rounds, about 1 tablespoon per, and space evenly on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place on a rack in the middle of your oven and bake for up to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool entirely before icing.
- Icing - Combine ¼ cup pure maple syrup, 120g raw melted chocolate, 1 tablespoon coconut milk, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and pinch coarse sea salt in a bowl and mix until smooth, then dollop on top of the biscuits with a walnut half.